SENIOR TECHNICAL WRITER
CABLE MATTERS is seeking an energetic and visionary copywriter. This person must be a talented individual with superior writing skills to write product descriptions for our customers and occasionally you may be asked to assist with creating written content for promotional materials, direct mail, search engine optimization writing, articles for blog, copy for product catalogs, or other various written applications. This person will ensure that all copy is creative, accurate and consistent, while encouraging and promoting customer interest and sales by considering demographics, brand, positioning and product-specific information.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Write compelling, engaging content that displays an understanding of the needs of our audience.
• Extensively research new products independently as they are received to gain a deep understanding of the product, target audience and competing products. Then utilize this information to create superior product descriptions that are both engaging and optimized for search engines.
• Articulate the strengths, differences, and intended users for an array of products within a single category, which may exhibit only nuanced differences.
• Plan and execute on content needs in advance and creates new fresh ways to communicate to our audience.
• Collaborate with team to incorporate feedback into the copy.
• Write for a variety of audiences.
• Produce consistently under tight deadlines.
• Writes, edits, and proofreads for a variety of print and electronic media.
• Participates in the monitoring of department work quality related to the written content produced for the web.
• Outstanding command of the English language.
• High level of self-motivation and the ability to work independently as well as collaboratively as a team member.
• Proven ability to switch "voice" and "style" for the needs of the audience and the medium.
• Great sense of humor, ability to acquire a light-hearted brand voice and reception to feedback
• Strong written and verbal communication skills; passion for writing.
• Strong attention to detail, excellent proofreading skills and consistency of style.
• Ability to turn in clean, entertaining and informative copy at a very high pace.
• Long periods of sitting at a computer workstation can be expected. Work on multiple projects with competing deadlines and priorities as well as quick-turn requests are also common.
• Knowledge of SEO preferred, must be willing to learn.
• All writing samples considered.
• Work must be conducted from our office; this is not a freelance position.
Bachelor’s Degree in Advertising, Marketing, English, Journalism, Communications or equivalent work experience preferred.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITITES
• Technology savvy and online retail experience is a big plus - preferable to have some HTML knowledge and experience
• A self-starter who works well in a fast-paced professional office environment, with the ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously and meet deadlines.
•An ability to work either individually on a project or in a team environment.
•Professionalism, ethics, courtesy, respect for others, and an eagerness to learn new skills and pursue career goals.
HOW TO APPLY
To apply, please send your resume and samples of your copywriting skills if available (include clips or URLs) along with sample product descriptions for 3 products with your resume to jobs@CableMatters.com to give us an idea of your ability to improve our content if hired.
Our ideal candidates will be self-motivated, team players, who have the desire to succeed and make a difference. We care about our employees, have a supportive environment that values trust and respect, offer a competitive wage and benefits package.
Cable Matters Inc. is an equal opportunity employer committed to workplace diversity.
Come join our team. You're going to like it here!